Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Birthday to someone I LOVE!

Happy Thursday, everyone! 

I'm not a huge poster of personal milestones, really, but today is an exception. It's my husband's (Derrick) birthday and if you know me at all, you know I LOVE to celebrate anything and everything, especially his (and our son's) birthday.

I used to think that I got lucky when I met Derrick eight years ago, but luck really had nothing to do with it. You see, the longer I've known him, the more I've realized that he truly was a gift from God. He has changed my life and helped me become the person I was meant to be - a God-loving/fearing wife, mother, and entrepreneur. He has brought me more joy and laughter than anyone I've known. I love him for how he loves me and our son, JJ, and for his compassion and thoughtfulness towards others. I love him for his dedication to coaching and teaching, and for how he plays and interacts with our child. I love the way his presence can light up a room (even a delivery room during birth) with laughter and how his gentleness and compassion can take away problems and heartache. He is an AMAZING man and I thank God everyday for bringing him into my life. I've been blessed, truly 100% blessed! 

Happy Birthday, D! You are loved and adored beyond words!

And, because no post would be the same without a photo ... here's my husband and the little man we adore. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment